Monday, July 20, 2009

Betting: One Month Remains

It is technically the halfway point in our summer challenge, although I know we didn't get started right on the 20th of June. I do know that we've only got one month left!

Here are the current bets, and what people have reported. If you see any mistakes, let me know. Also, many of the bets have not been reported, which is fine--this is just a reminder of which bets are on the line.

1) Most gained as a % of bankroll from beginning to end of challenge ($10 into pool, winner take all)

MHG
Dr. Chako
Blaargh!  (-26% as of 7/20/09 cruuuuuuud!)
Aposec72 (-42% as of 7/21/09)
Katitude

Note: unsure if anyone is positive???

2) Largest score ($5 into pool, winner take all)

MHG (15.75 - 7/29/09)
Dr. Chako ($96, damn doctors)
Blaargh! ($1.50)  ($21.50 - 2nd twice in $5.50 sngs - that's pretty pathetic that that's my biggest score this month btw...)
Aposec72 ($7.95) ($13) ** Aposec - is this with the buy-in subtracted?
Katitude

3) Slayer of Donkeys ($5 into pool, smallest fraction: finish place / # of entrants)

MHG (4.03%)
Blaargh! (2.76%)
Dr. Chako (1.11%)
Aposec72 (0.052%, wtf!)

4) Funniest post on this blog (Losers post an entry bowing down to the winner, to be voted on secretly by participants)

MHG (outclassed)
Blaargh! (Mauled by bear picture was good)
Dr. Chako (Winning with only funny-centered post yet, sure to change soon)

5) Katitude / MHG horse bet (Vanity picture on motorcycle)

Katitude has Dr. Chako (shaking in her boots)
MHG has Cindilicious (liking my chances!)

We'll settle all of these bets at after August 20th!

Blaargh edit: Anyone else that wants to update with current results just click the pencil icon below... OK with you MHG?

((making updates 7/29/09--MHG))

4 comments:

  1. Speaking of which.... what happened to Cindilicious? She never responded to the blog invite (which is why she's not on the contributors list). Anyone know what she's up to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's me:

    1) From 31.05 to 18.01 - so i'm "only" down about 42%. PLO is a bad idea when tilting.
    2) Biggest is sadly $13 from a $5 Razz MTT and finishing 10th of 116. Ick.
    3) 2.67% or whatever it was I posted the other day.

    Out of 8 MTT's, I've cashed in 2 for a net loss of about $11.

    Blech.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won't post a screen cap of my BR because I want to keep you all guessing. I will tell you that, as usual, my variance has been quite high. During the last month I have fluctuated between -27% and + 85%.

    Gotta get better at BR management, but that's what this challenge is all about, right?

    -DrC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Next time you update, would you note it in the comments section? I'm subscribed to the comments (as should everyone), so I'll be able to check back.

    Now why isn't my big score in red, dammit?!

    -DrC

    ReplyDelete