Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Blaargh is not dead (that's just the way he looks)

OK, I'm not dead, but I'm fairly certain my hunt for the gold in this challenge is... After my monster ass whooping at the hands of rush I took some time off. I played the mook last week (8th place, killed off on a flip with Heff, who I think made it to 3rd on my chips :) but other than that, I hadn't touched poker in 2 1/2 weeks. Last night I finally fired up a few 50NL tables, and felt the old fire come back. Just in time for a serious buttload of work hitting my office. I will most likely be buried for the next 2 to 3 weeks, and I doubt I'll be playing much, if any poker at all. This economy is killing my company, and I need to get things moving here again.

I played some PLO at the $10 rush tables last night. My god folks are bad at that limit. Which is fine with me, as I've never played PLO before, but it seems pretty obvious to me what good and bad starting hands are. And most of the time a simple cbet will take down any flop you miss... I can't believe how quickly people chuck their cards if they don't hit the flop. It's a fun game, but I don't know that I'm ready to trade in NL just yet.

So... my BR is down to a pathetic $2300. My plan is to grind back up to around 3k or so and give 100NL a shot, which, barring variance should be no real problem. I just need to stay away from the crack rush tables and 2 outers :) On the challenge front, I'm considering myself pretty much done, unless I get a few minutes to jump into a donkfest or 2 in the next few days before shit really starts piling on.

Good luck to anyone that can still catch HOP!

No comments:

Post a Comment